Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Happy Park Happy Slide

"Grandpa,
look at me!
I'm on this
cool slide.
Isn't this a
cool slide?"
"Well my
cute little
banana
pancake,
your slide
is way way
better than
the slides I
had when I was a small boy back in the last century."
"How is that so, my curmudgeonous antediluvian?"
"Well, for one thing...your slide is made of soft and temperate plastic.
My days, slides were made of hard and cold STAINLESS STEEL.
Another thing is your slide is banana yellow and apricot green.
My days, slides were INDUSTRIAL METALLIC with SHARP EDGES.
Your slide is on a bed of soft wood chips and padded foam.
My days, you would slide into a PUDDLE OF MUD or CONCRETE.
Your slide is in a happy park with many parents watching.
My days, our parks were full of dog crap and BULLIES.
So...your slide is way way way way way way way way better."

No comments: