Friday, July 18, 2008

Grandpa, Are You Authentically Relic'd Too?

"Grandpa,
can you tell
me a funny
story?"
"Ok, my
little slice
of gobmint
cheese, once
upon a time
there was
people.And
these crazy
people wanted
to buy guitars
that looked a
little old and
beat up. So
what they did
is took some
brand NEW
guitars and
scratched it
all up and
then they
took a torch to it so that it looked like cigarette burns, and
they exposed it to some ultra-violet radioactive waves so
that the paint scratched and peeled. Then they put some
ridiculous price tag on it because it was authentically reliced."
"Grandpa, is that a funny story or is that for real?"
"Well my little caramel macki-cheehoo, it's funny and for real."
"Grandpa, aren't you all scratched up and peeled up and all
exposed to ultra-violet radioactive waves? Cuz you look like it."

1 comment:

Papa Joe said...

When I was a kid, I wanted Levis like the other kids, so my mom got me a pair for 70 cents from Goodwill. Hated them because they looked had it...

Little did I realize Goodwill wholesales to Neiman Marcus.
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod24860036&parentId=cat9070737&masterId=cat8940732&index=0&cmCat=cat000000cat000470cat000526cat8940732cat9070737

She coulda paid $155 for the same pants.