Friday, February 20, 2009

Out in Field with Aunty Glenda

"Grandpa,
what's the
difference
between
field in the
mainland
and field
in Hawaii?"
"Well, one
thing that's
different is
that in the
mainland,
when you
go field, we
go break
at some
coffee place
like Tully's,
Starbucks,
or some
foofoo place
but over in
Hawaii, you
can break
at Leonards
and eat hot
malasadas,
or Aiea get
fresh manas, baked or steamed....or you can go Aiea
shave ice place and have anykine flavor with azuki
beans and ice cream on top...or you can go anyplace
and get fresh ahi poke with cold Budweiser...."
"What grandpa, you can drink beer in field in Hawaii?"
"Oh yeah......... After you pau field you can....
no forget to take off your tie..."
"Grandpa, what else is different about field in Hawaii?"
"Well in Hawaii, you can tell your return visit, 'Eh bla-lah,
you remember me or what?' and then they will say,'Ho,
you da guy dat went leave magazines yeah? Was so good.
What? You get some more o' what? I like read 'em.' and
then you can say, 'Heeah den, read dis one...it's good...
it's about Mary...' and then they'll say, 'Ho, brah...dat's
da same one you went give me last time...try look...
January issue brah... January....I already get 'em...what?
You no more da Feb-you-ary one? You knucklehead!'
and then you can say, 'Ho, sorry bla-lah, I never place
all my January issues yet...you sure you no like another
Mary issue?' and then they can say, 'Fo real? I can have
another one? Ho...tanks brah....I can give this one to my
cousin Junior Boy... You get some more? I like give to my
Aunty Honeygirl..."

No comments: