Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Can I Just Hanai You Right Now?

"Grandpa, do you like
the way I draw? I know
I'm not as good as a big
girl...but anyway, I was
just wondering...cuz i'm
not sure if I'm drawing
so good and I want you
to love me when I'm junk."
"Well my little bulgogi,
I would love anything
that you do....if you were
to draw a kangaroo, I'll
love it...even if you drew
it with pink and purple
polka dots and the lines
were all crazy and even
if you included things that
made it biologically correct
........and even if you made
a giant pile of kangaroodoo under it's okole...and even if you
put clothes on it, like one of those mahu dogs on the mainland
...and even if you put a different kind of animal in it's pouch
and named it 'Steve'....and especially if you made it smile and
you drew a rainbow and a sun with a smiley face on it...
cuz you're my baby girl... just like your mom and Aunty Mahina
and there's nothing that you can do that could make me not love you.
Everything you do is perfect, and everything you do makes me happy."
"Grandpa, even though I don't really understand a word you're saying
...cuz after all, this is an imaginary conversation...I know you love me.
Now back off old man....I can smell your breakfast."

No comments: