Saturday, February 28, 2009

Haleiwa Beach Scaredy-Cat Mainland Girl

"Grandpa,
I feel kinda
shame cuz
I'm only a
mainland
girl and I
come over
here in the
islands and
everybody
is laughing
at me cuz
I'm small
kine sked
of water..
and what?
Are you
ashamed
of me?"
"Um......
yup....you
shouldn't
be scared
of water...
what is up
with that?
When your
mom was 2
years old...
she was in
the deep end
of the pool
diving for
keys or any
kine stuff I
used to toss
in the water.
And your
Grandpa...
I used to go
with Buttons
...Gerry dem,
and Eddie never used to go until I went with him...so it's
kinda embarrassing that you're running away from the
water..........they all going vote you off the island now."
"So anyway..... you old apish has-been, what Uncles RJ,
Morgan and Manoa did was dig a hole, and I was having
fun digging the hole with them. But they knew that after
awhile the water was going to come up and fill the hole...
and after awhile I got used to the water...so I guess now,
I like the beach...and I can't wait to play in the water....
but still....it was sneaky how they tricked me, yeah?"

No comments: