Saturday, February 28, 2009

Green....Greener.....Greenest

"Grandpa,
I like how
there's so
many trees
and flowers
over here
in Hawaii...
get planny
ti plants,
and lawae
and choke
plumerias."
"Yup yup
my little
climber of
trees. That
is why the
islands is
so green."
"Grandpa,
what do
you do to
keep the
aina green?"
"Well, for
one thing,
I don't use
one-time
use water
bottles... I
refill mine
all the time.
And I also
like to ride
my bike to
work a lot.
That way I
don't use so
much gas...
But prolly
the best way
I stay green
is I re-use
toothpicks... what I do is keep the same one I been using for the last
7 years in my wallet...it's a little shredded right now...so every night I
put it in the freezer and it gets hard again...sometimes I got to put a
little glue...and I go green when I use that old toothpick to push out
the food that's in between my teeth and then eat it again. It tastes
just a little bit different the second time...but...anyway....whatever.
I figure I must have saved several hundred trees this way."
"Grandpa, when I grow up, I wanna be JUST LIKE YOU."

No comments: