Friday, February 27, 2009

Melted Faces and Marty Feldman

"Grandpa,
who are the
real good
painters?"
"The good
painters?
Well, I
suppose
that some
of the best
ones are
like Van
Gogh, and
Picasso and
Earl Scheib...why do you ask, my little Honey Bunch of Oats?"
"Well, my doltish lump of wrinkles, cuz I wanna be a painter too.
You see the drawing that mommy made on the bottom? Well I
copied it right above her drawing. In her drawing, the guy uses
mousse but in mine, I think the guy just got out of the shower.
Do you like the way I draw?"
"Yeah, well doing portraits is pretty hard. It's almost impossible
to get the nose and the eyes just right. Then you gotta shade the
picture for shadows and texture and to give it a 3-D effect. That's
why I prefer drawing still life....like your uncles at cleaning time.
Another good one is abstract painting. Which reminds me...I have
to get Uncle Damian's traffic abstract to his attorney. And one of
my favorite ways of painting is surrealism. This would be like Dali,
with his melted faces and Keane with her gigantic eyes.......which
reminds me... Marty Feldman. But the very very very very very
best drawings is the ones that my baby makes...."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0_1F0_20mE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ_pKqiB5Rg&feature=related

No comments: