Sunday, February 15, 2009

"No, I Don't Have Any Archuletta"

"Grandpa,
check out
this cool
desk that
I get to
draw on.
It's got a
light inside
so that it
makes my
drawings
all pretty.
Do you got
a desk at
your work?"
"Well, as a
matter of
fact there
my little
Haagen Daz
bar, your old
and stupid
Grandpops
gots a desk
at work.....
I don't have
a cool light
underneath
but I got a
subwoofer
and a beach
guitar under
there to rest
my footsies,
and I got a
talking fish
that wears a
lei made up
candy and a
lei on his tail
made of a
wristband
that says
'Safety'......
and a bunch
of CDs like
C&K's first
album and
other good
stuff....and
I got a toy
giraffe that
makes noise
when you
push down
on his head,
but the best
thing I got is a mess of papers everywhere, and Skyflakes
cracker crumbs all over the floor, and squashed up chocolate
pieces squished all over important papers, an old Pioneer
receiver which plays all my Kalapana, Dave Matthews, Beatles,
Steely, Jimi, Stevie before '78, Marvin, JT, Boz, Lopaka Marley,
Q, Stax, Motown, and anything good."
"Grandpa, don't you got any stuff that Aunty Mahina likes?"

1 comment:

Cheska said...

'Daaaaw, I'm jealous of her light table D:> I want one!