Thursday, September 20, 2007

Yes, I Suppose I Am

"Grandpa,
what can
you tell me
about love?"
"Well my
sweet little
puka shell,
when I was
young, I
felt it was
important
that any
future wife
didn't have
an Adam's
apple."
"No, my bespectacled Ape of a Book, what I mean is
How do you know if she's the one?"
"Well your Grandma had a little yellow Volkswagen.
Of course she crashed it and broke her leg...so that
wasn't a good thing. But she later bought a Toyota
Corona...so that was good. I guess you could say that
Love is having a Toyota Corona."
"But why did you guys get together?"
"Well, I think it's obvious why she picked me...but as
for me, there was so many guys after her, I thought
if I didn't marry her, somebody else would have and
that would have made me sick some time in the future...
I would be looking at them and saying, 'Oh crap, I could
have had that!'"
"Wow Grandpa, you're so romantic."

No comments: