Sunday, May 13, 2007

Swap Meet Skillz

"OK, my little
Caramel
Frapaccino,
Grandpa's gonna
teach you some
stuff. I'm gonna
teach you how
to shop at the
Swap Meet. K,
first I want you
to look to your
right at the different
junk that people are
selling. You see some
knucklehead selling
some junk that's
worth about 10 cents
and they're asking
2 bucks for it.
Just keep walking."
"OK, grandpa, get 'em."

"Now I like you look to
the left and be amazed
at the Old Ilocano Aunty
who sees something that's
worth about 30 bucks.
She of course offers the
seller 50 cents for it.
The seller isn't even
mad cuz this is the 20th
bookbook who made
that same offer.
Keep walking"
"OK, grandpa, get 'em."

"OK, my little
chicken mcnugget.
Now I like you pretend
you just found a good deal.
Hold it up in the air and
tell whoever came with you,
"Hooooo. Try look at this
piece of crap that's worth
50 cents. I just paid only
5 cents for 'em. Now I
can bring 'em home and
put 'em on the shelf for
about 6 months and den
throw 'em away later on.
Oh, da trills!"
"OK, grandpa. I get 'em.
By the way, how do you
know all these things?"
"Little girl, all you gotta do
is watch your Grandma.
She'll teach you all kine stuff like that."

No comments: