Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Baby Namaile Checking Out the Scenery

July 10, 2006
"Whoa, look
at all these
crazy people.
I remember
their voices
when I was
in my mom's
tummy and
now I can
finally see
their faces.
Oh that one
over there,
that's my
uncle Dame.
Yeah, he
don't look
like he
sounds. He
sounds
smarter than
he looks. And
there's my
Aunty
Mahina. I
recognize
her voice.
I can't wait
to go see
where she
works. Oh
that's right,
she don't
work. She
just hangs
around and
occasionally
massages
grandpa to
get some
cash. What
a life. And
there's my
Grandma
Toi...I like
her voice
cuz she
always sings
to me. She
can sing
Hawaiian
songs with
the real
words, not
like Grandpa.
He's a bookbook who can barely fake hawaiian lyrics.
Oh, there's my grandpa over there. Wow, he's very
handsome. And he's very intelligent looking too. I
can't wait to party with him. As long as it's not at a
Hawaiian Karaoke Bar.

No comments: