Wednesday, April 1, 2009

"Maybe You'll Be Different"

"Grandpa, I love my mommy so much....she takes me everywhere
and feeds me stuff...and she brings me to places like Hawaii, the
mall, the library and the beach and the park...she goes down the
slide or on the swings with me...and she goes swimming with me...
she's my best friend."
"Yeah...but a long long long time ago she was my baby...and I took
her to all those places too...but after awhile, what happens is you
grow up and pretty soon you start to have other friends. Then you
go to those places with your other friends...and you start to talk to
them all the time and before you know it you hardly even see your
mom. You might talk to her maybe once a week...maybe even less.
You still love her, but something happens and it's not the same. In
her heart though you will always be her baby....and she'll always
love you."
"Grandpa, are you sure that's gonna happen to me...?"

No comments: