Saturday, April 11, 2009

Knock Yourself Out

"Grandpaps,
what'd you
do yesterday?
Did you do
anything
noteworthy?"
"Well, I had
to go buy a
tube of Crazy
Glue...so your
Grammy said
that I should
go to the
Dollar Store.
So I tell her that if we're going there, I'll have to walk
down every aisle just to find the stinking Crazy Glue.
And she's like, 'What? Every aisle? Knock yourself out.'
So...just the name "Dollar Store" just screams 'Quality'.
And I guess she's thinking, 'If you go to Walgreen's, it'll
cost 3 bucks but if you go to the Dollar Store it'll cost....
mmmmmmmmmmm......a dollar.' So I go into the store,
and I don't know where to look, and the store smells a
little funky...and so I have to go down every aisle, and
every aisle is a wreck...and smells like armpit..... and I
finally find it...and guess how much it costs? You're right
....it cost a dollar...but I walk down another aisle that is
selling 5 combs for a buck....and my hair is a little long
and so I need a comb right?...and then I see those little
bottles of hand cleaners...it's 2 for....guess......a dollar.....
and so I guess I made out cuz I got 3 things of Crazy
Glue, 4 combs and 2 little bottles of hand cleaners...for
3 bucks...so...I guess...in the end.....the dollar you take
...is equal to....the dollar...you make.............but I had to
walk down every aisle to get it.....................whatever....
now I'm just rambling....."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15v73Etc9SQ
(Original TOP with Lenny Williams, Lenny Picket and Bruce Conte - 1973)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sad to watch Santana mangle another pointless solo. ToP is way out of his league...even with this retooled line-up.