Thursday, April 9, 2009

"Li Hing Mui on Turtle Feet.....MMMMMMM"

"Grandpa, what is better? Cake or vegetables?"
"What kind of knucklehead question is that?"
"I just think it's weird how stuff that tastes good
is generally not so good for you....and the stuff that's
good for you is not generally tasting so good."
"Yeah...that's a conundrum. You know what else
is wierd? People today, generally speaking, eat
better and healthier stuff that they did 20 years ago.
For example, a lot of people will eat low fat, no corn
syrup, no fructose, bran stuff. I don't remember
seeing in the stores back in the sixties a lot of stuff
that said, 'Smart Choices' or 'Sensible Solutions'.
But kids today are fatter, slower and mentaller than
the kids in my day. Maybe it's cuz we played outside
more than you guys do."
"Okay then Grandpa, let's go play outside."
"Wait, I'm a little busy on my laptop right now."

No comments: