Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mango Tart...Blueberries...Mochi...Mmmm

"Grandpa,
when you
were a small
kid, did they
have yogurt
or what?"
"Yogurt?
Man, I never
even heard
of yogurt
till the 80's.
When I was
small, your
Lola had these
tupperware popsickle stick things, and me and your
Grandpa Dan would have to fill them up with Kool-Aid
and put it in the freezer and then we'd eat our frozen
Kool-Aid and we'd say, 'Yay...we're eating frozen
Kool-Aid'....and we'd actually be happy cuz we made
it. Every once in a while, I'd steal money from your
Lola and buy some ice cream from the ice cream man.
He's sell me some melted ice cream. There were only 3
choices back in my day...Orange Creamsicle, Nutty Buddy
and the Missile. That was it...No Icees....No Haagen Dazz...
and definitely no yogurt. If there WERE yogurt back in
my day, the kids in my neighborhood would have said,
'What is this crap?'....... Of course today, we gladly will
spend 5 bucks at a yogurt store with all the 'fixins'. We'd
be like, 'Hey fools! Let's go to Mira Mesa Yogurt World
and get some FroYo!' Then we'd need to use a credit card
cuz it's so stinkin' 'spensive."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Then you might want to avoid the Aiea Shopping Center next time you fly over. The Pios are replacing their Starbucks break with Orange Tree.

http://orangetreehawaii.com/photo/view.aspx?dt=otstores&aid=1