Monday, August 20, 2007

"I Wish I Was Young Again?" You Knucklehead

"I wish I was
young again"
she says.
"Hey you
knucklehead,
you're only
13 months
young. What?
I was there...
ask me...I'll
tell you...",
i says back.
"K den old
man, how
come I no
see any pics
of you holding
me the day I
was born?"
she says....
"I'm pretty
sure I held
you...maybe
not the first
hour cuz all
these peeps
was stealing
you from me.
So I had the
camera, and
they had the
baby" says
me.
"How come
there's a pic
of me kinda
laughing?"
she says.
"All I did was
say 'Grandpa'
and you just
busted out."
"And how come there's a pic of me all serious?" she says.
"Cuz, I just explained to you that you are a Guilao. You
will be expected to do a lot of mental things. Borderline
retarded things. Some people are gonna ask you to dance
hula at parties. Other people will ask you to play guitar and
sing like a monkee....you will do it. Your relatives on your
mom's side will be bookbooks and kanaks. Don't let that
prevent you from being what you really are...Half Haole/
Half Bookbook-Kanak. In fact you are an Ilocano Bookbook
as well.....good thing you won't attend Radford, otherwise
....(gesture of neck slash). So that's why the serious face."
"Oh", she says, "I thought it was cuz I was hungry."

No comments: