Wednesday, December 31, 2008

"Grandpa's Retarded? What? NOT!"

"Grandpa,
is English
in Hawaii
different
from the
Mainland
English?"
"Well, as a
matter of
fact, my
inquisitive
girl with
hair of
bangs, yes
it's a bit different. For example, in the mainland when somebody
says 'What-not', it can be used in the following ways....
'I like to eat my hors d'oevres with grey poupon and what-not'....
but in Hawaii they would say, 'What is this crap? What? Not!'
Here they'd say, 'Here's the 5 dollars I owe you and what-not'....
but in Hawaii they'd say, 'I owe you money? What? Not!'.....
In the mainland they'd say, 'I'd like to introduce you to my
significant other...he's into Buble, Jonas Brothers and what-not'.....
but in Hawaii they'd say, 'That's a guy? What? NOT! He's a mahu'
....so you see, the words are used differently in Hawaii and mainland."

No comments: