Saturday, May 2, 2009

Okinawa Meets Ilocos Norte (1/8 Only)

"Grandpa,
check it out
...we stay in
Hawaii Kai
area. Didn't
you used to
say all the
'Townies'
come from
this side?"
"Yeah, we
also called
it the 'No
Bookbook Zone', cuz hardly any books over there. I can
see that you're hanging out with Lola and the Japanee
Lola...that's Grandpa Dan's mother-in-law....she's not
just Japanee...she's Okinawan. I like her shirt...you gotta
zoom but it says 'I (heart) Maui' but you gotta look real
close cuz you can hardly see the red heart on the red
shirt so it almost looks like it says, 'I Maui'.....You know
what they say about Okinawans, little girl?"
"No Grandpa, what do they say?"
"Well, they call the Okinawans the 'Ilocanos of Japan'...
.................and they like guitars and Beatles............
....which makes them okay with me."

(random Japanee music)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBe2qAz_jtc&feature=related

No comments: