Thursday, November 6, 2008

"Random? Like Random Pictures of Giraffes?"

"Grandpa,
are you ever
at a loss for
words?"
"Yeah, that
can happen...
especially if
you're just a
little kid with
a limited
vocabulary...
or a big kid
with poor word
retention.
You might
try this....
mispronounce
words...I see
you already
do this cuz you
occasionally
refer to me as
'Grand-Ka'.
You might
also consider
swapping your
P's with your
F's...
that's a little
something that my people do.
Here let's give it a try...ask me a question that has
me at a loss for words and notice what I do..."
"Okay...Um...Grandpa...what's the capitol of Burma?"
"Umm...well....ummmm...the capital of Barma?...
.....farking lot...fing fong faddle...
Did you see how I handled that?"
"Yes...you mispronounced Burma and you mixed your Ps and Fs."
"Here's another thing you can do...just answer with something
random... your Uncles and Aunty Mahina does it all the time...
you might as well too....just say stuff that don't make no sense.
Here let's give it a try...ask me something."
"Okay...Um Grandpa...why don't you clean up your mess?"
"Ummm...well...yeah, clean my mess...hmmmm... I'm gonna
rotate my tires... Brother So and So .... fancy pants...
(now make up a few words).... Mep... spilk.... flistum ....
.... cheebus ..... flatulate.....See how easy that is, Namaile?"
"Actually Grandpa, I think 'flatulate' is a real word."
http://www.fourteenminutes.com/fun/words/index.cgi








No comments: