Friday, November 7, 2008

"Let Me Tell You About Wishes..."

"Grandpa,
check out
this cool
water thing
...it shoots
out water
and stuff.
And there's
a bunch of
coins on the
bottom of
this thing.
What's up
with that
nonsense?"
"Well my
little asker
of questions
...all of them
coins on the
bottom is
from people
makin' wishes
...what they
do is make a
wish and then
throw some
pennies, dimes
or nickels in
there... I think that they think that the wish will come true if
you drop some coins. They're thinking stuff like, 'I wish my
fat will go away' then they throw in a couple of coins then
head over to Mickey Dees and get a couple of Big Macs...
stuff like that....or maybe they'll say, 'I wish my husband
looked like George Clooney' then they'll throw in a couple of
dimes and go home to their husband Fautino Respicio from
Ilocos Norte. Once in a while a guy will say, 'I wish my wife
will give me a massage' and then he'll throw in a few coins...
then he'll go home and say, 'Honey, can I have a massage?'
and his wife will say, 'Shut-up and feed me' or 'Where's my
money?'...she might even say, 'Take me out to Olive Garden
you bookbook idiot'...so I guess you can say that this making
a wish and throwing in coins is just a bunch of crap."
"Thanks for the buzzkill Grandpa."




No comments: