Friday, September 5, 2008

Water's In Her Blood

"Grandpa,
I like water.
I like it when
it's hot and
I get to jump
in a pool or a
sprinkler in
the yard.
What do you
call someone
like that?"
"Well my
cute little
custard filled
malasada, I
think when
you like the
nighttime,
then you're
nocturnal, and
if you like
vegetables,
then you're a
vegetarian, so
since you like
the water, I
guess you're
either waternal
or a watertarian. You know, your mom was a watertarian and
your grandma is waternal...so I guess you could say you kind
of like inherited it from them. Your Grandpa was too."
"Really Grandpa, cuz I hardly see you in the water."
"Well back in the day, I used to surf the big ones with Buttons,
Jerry, Bertleman and da black shorts hui. You know, long time
ago, Eddie wouldn't go...I had to show him... and then he went...
too bad he went too far. And before time, hardly had any
turtles on Oahu, but good thing I used my Marine Biologist
training to help the turtles mate. I would bring my Marvin
Gaye CDs to the beach and the turtles would go for it. One time,
a whale had a golf ball stuck in his blowhole, but I jumped in the
ocean, cuz I was a good swimmer, and pulled that golf ball out.
The sea was angry that day, my friend...but I saved that whale."

No comments: