Wednesday, January 7, 2009

"Betcha By Golly Otot"

"Grandpa,
you're kind
of old aren't
you?"
"We've had
this talk once
haven't we?
Yes I am, my
little Baby
Bop... I'm so
stinkin' old
that I used
to have LPs.

Thems were
albums, we
didn't have
CDs.....and
one of my
favorites was
a group called
the Stylistics
and one of
their songs
was called,
'Betcha by
golly wow'...
cuz one day
the writer
was thinkin',
'Betcha by golly........Betcha by golly........there's something missing.
Hmmmmmmm....Betcha by golly whack?.....Betcha by golly bleh?
Betcha by golly otot?..........Betcha by golly kalamungay?........"
"So Grandpa, how did they come up with 'Betcha by golly wow'?"
"Well, one day the writer was watching TV and saw a Shamwow
infomercial and .... I don't know.... I guess it just came to them."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJEKqI1e714
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi-_uj7FDDg



1 comment:

Papa Joe said...

Not sure why anyone would buy anything that starts with "sham." And then they couldn't find a creepier spokesman? I thought this was an SNL skit the first time I saw it.