Wednesday, January 28, 2009

BookBook Tea Chai

"Grandpa,
you keep
calling me a
bookbook,
but I looked
it up and I
found out
that you're
calling me
the wrong
stuff....I'm
not a book-
book....I'm
a buk-buk."
"Well first of all, you're not a full-on bookbook....you're
only one fourth bookbook...cuz your Grandpa is a full-on
book, that means your mom is a half book and....by using
simple trigonometry, you can deduce that you're only
one fourth book. So instead of calling you a bookbook...
I guess actually you would only be a "boo"...not even a
full book. And secondly of all..............................okay,
I forgot the secondly part."
"Grandpa, where did the word buk-buk come from anyway?"
"Well, this is only what I heard .... but it came from Hawaii
when Ilocanos would be talking, it's a pretty harsh language,
and when they talk, it's like, "Bading telly dong tea chai bookbook".
Anyway, that's what it sounds like....Remember, it's only what
I heard and I wouldn't repeat that to anybody or put it on a
blog or anything."
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=buk-buk

1 comment:

Papa Joe said...

If one were really "one fourth book" would that make her a chapterchapter?

I'm just asking...