Thursday, January 3, 2008

Your Mom Promised Too and Look What Happened

"Hey Grandpa, what can you tell me about love?"
"Hey little girl, how old are you?"
"I'm eighteen months old next week."
"Umm, aren't you kinda young?"
"No...my hormones are raging right about now."
"Actually, it's not your hormones raging...it's your pampers soaking."
"Are you changing the subject cuz you don't wanna talk to me about it."
"No...No...of course not...your old and gray Grandpa will be happy to
break it down for you....Ok, check it out...here's all you need to know...
1. Don't settle
2. When he wants a massage, give it to him.
3. Don't shop excessively.
4. If he makes you choose between him and me, choose me.
That's about all you need to know."
"Yah, Grandpa....um....actually, how do I know if he's the one?"
"Oh, that's easy....just ask me and I'll tell you. It would be nice
if he wasn't stink...also it's good if he shared your same goals
....especially the goal of making me happy. Does he listen to
good music?...YES. He got Celine Dion CDs?....then NO."
"So, if I find somebody like that...then I can marry him?"
"No...you can't marry him. You can't marry anybody. You
gotta stay with your Grandpa forever...got it?"
"Um...ok"
"Promise me little girl...you promise?"
"Yup...I promise Grandpa."

2 comments:

Papa Joe said...

You weren't being very up front here. We know you would never answer yes to the question 'Is he the one?' We also know she will never get to the stink, goals and music questions...

sandra said...

1. dont settle
2. just dont settle.
3. no really, don't settle.
4. well if you're gonna settle, then make sure you both love Him more than one another.
5. but yeah, don't settle.