Monday, January 14, 2008

Aunty Mahina and Great Grandma Nancy

"Grandpa, what's
up with Aunty
Mahina's name?"
"Yah, umm...well
what happened was
your Grandpa named
all the boys and your
Grandma named all
the girls. I named
Damian after my dad
and Andrew after my
Grandpa. Troy Taylor
Keoni is a combo of
Toi and Roy. Taylor
is after James Taylor
and Keoni is cuz we
wanted a bible name.
But your Grandma
named Mahina cuz it
sounded good and it means 'Moonlight' in Hawaiian.
Your mom was named Moani which means Fragrance."
"Yah, that's cool but I was just wondering cuz in
Tagalog, Mahina means 'weak' or 'slow'. So Bookbooks
prolly freak out when they see her name is Mahina yah?"
"No, they freak out when they see pretty she is and how
she looks like her Grandma."

1 comment:

Papa Joe said...

To me, she looks a lot like a young Sister Puulei we met at Medrano's in Aliamanu back in the mid-70s or so.