Monday, November 2, 2009

Just Your Typical Bookbook Outfit

"Grandpa, do I
look bookish?"
"If I had me a
dictionary, and
of course I don't,
but if I did and if
I looked up the
word "bookbook"
I would see your
picture wearing
that outfit."
"Grandfool, what
is up with books
and our propensity
for wearing colors?"
"Well, now you got
me confused cuz
you just used the
word 'propensity',
but I would say
that books like to
wear colors cuz of
electricity in the
Philippines. What
happens is that
at certain times of
the day when you
got a lot of people
home watching
'Wowowee', there
is a great demand
for electricity. And
when the demand
for electricity is
high, the power
companies no can
handle, so they got
this thing called a
rolling brownout
where power goes
out for a certain
amount of time so
that you got no
light. And if you got no light, then you just put on
some bright outfit, like what you're wearing right there,
or what most Ilocanos wear on a daily basis, and then
the brightness of the outfit will light up the dark night
so that you won't be bumping your head on stuff."
"Yeah, but Grandpa, first of all, I thought a 'rolling
brownout' was you putting on pants. Secondly, 'putting
on a bright outfit' indicates that a person was at some
point not wearing a bright outfit, which isn't possible.
And third, putting on something to light up the night
doesn't explain why books wear the brightness during
the day. All day. Everyday."
"Grandpa, I think that USED to be true. Books don't
dress like that anymore."
"Oh reeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaallllyyyyy?????....................."

No comments: