Monday, July 13, 2009

"Yeah, No Ack....Just Press."

"Grandpa, would
you say that I'm
a local girl?"
"Well my musubi,
I think that most
times you're a
local girl. Like if
whenever you put
plumerias in your
hair, I think that's
a local girl.
And if you've got
plumeria earrings
to match the flower
in your hair, that's
pretty local.....
but if you walk in
to Grandpa's house
and if you don't
take off da slippahs
.... that's NOT very
local....and if you
walk by your Aunty
Mahina without a
kiss and a 'Hi Aunty'
that's not very local.
And if you call
somebody older than
you by their 1st name
only.... that's not very
local....'Hi Junior Boy'.
....'Eh, mainland girl,
call me UNCLE
Junior Boy'." When
you go somebody's
house, local people
bring food. And help
out when you go there
no just sit around and
watch TV while all
the other people are
cleaning up. Learn how to use chopsticks
so you don't have to ask the waitress for a 'fork'.
When Gabby comes on the radio, don't say 'That guy
sounds so tribal.'....somebody will slap your head. And
if you're driving a car, don't honk your horn...........rude."
"Grandpa, is there anything else I need to know so that
I can be a local girl?"

No comments: