Monday, March 3, 2008

I Love Her Infinity Times Infinity

"Grandpa, do you love me more than I love you?"
"Well, my little crunchy roll, I have a policy....
If you love me, I will love you more...that applies to everybody."
"Well, my wrinkled old prune, that sounds like conditional love."
"Oh well, I can't help it. I guess it just worked out that way....
but it's a great deal. Check it out, if you just love me a little bit,
I'll love you back a lot."
"How does that work, you ashy-skinned cinquentegenarian?"
"Ok....if I just met you, and you started talking to me...and we
started talking about stuff...and this goes on for a while...we do
stuff together, eat and drink and play and party, and you start
opening up to me and put your head on my shoulder, and we
pray and joke and cry together....you own me. I will love you
a billion zillion."
"Yah but Grandpa, you said you loved me before I was even born."
"Yah, well that's my other policy....I will love my Grandkids.
If you love me a billion, I will love you eleven billion...
If you love me infinity, I will love you infinity and one."

1 comment:

Papa Joe said...

From one viejo bolso to another, we are actually quinquagenarians...although my skin has been better characterized as pasty.