Sunday, March 28, 2010

Namaile and 2 Local Girls

"Grandpa,
how about
one of your
random
stories?"
"Ok, well,
I was in the
car earlier
today and
I heard a
song called
Moondance
by Van
Morrison
and it took
me back to
1976 or so
and we're
in Waikiki
watching
Country
Comfort...
so the band
goes and
takes a break, but Billy Kaui and Jim Freudenberg stays
on stage and just those two guys played the Beatles "For
No One" and Van Morrison's "Moondance"... just those 2
guys and their guitars. I don't even remember the rest of
the night, I thought that those 2 songs with just Billy Kaui
and Freudenberg was awesome. Sometimes, a song is best
when it's just stripped down with nothing but a guitar. But
when they played the Shell, Country Comfort opened for the
Eagles. As usual, the local boys were all loaded and Chucky
Lee the guitar player for Country Comfort was getting all
mental, he was on stage challenging the Eagles to a fight....
that's my random story and that's all I got to say about that."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvEONJoVeyA&feature=related

2 comments:

Papa Joe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Papa Joe said...

Andrew does a great version of Moondance where he right-hand taps the melody on the bass strings. Love it.