Sunday, January 24, 2010

Ilocanos Ken Dilis Ti Diyay! Mangan Tayon!

"Grandpa,
what is dilis?
It looks like
fish but it's
super small
... is it baby
fish?"
"Well my
little haole
girl, dilis is
fish, but it's
not baby
fish, that's
about as
big as it's gonna get. They make
good pupus - which is Hawaiian
talk for 'hors d'oevers'."
"Grandpa, if that little fish could
talk, what would he say?"
"Well, about a week ago, it was
probably saying something like,
'Hey brah, no catch m......aw crap!'
And then a couple of days later, he
said, 'Hey brah, no put flour all
over me and den........aw crap!'
And then yesterday, he was most
likely saying something like, 'Hey
brah, no cook me and make me all
crispy and den...........aw crap!"
And then today he saw you holding
him and then he said, 'Hey little
girl, no eat me and den...aw crap!'"

1 comment:

glen said...

yeah you filipino. Miss you here with us flips in Foster village!