Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I'll Stay Up All Night to Hear About Your Day

"Grandpa, you
old and retarded
knucklehead...
is it hard to write
songs?"
Well, my little
bowl of Ginataan,
it's super hard,
and the hardest
part is saying, 'I
love you' without
the actual lyrics,
'I love you.' Back
in the old days,
songwriters
would always
have the words
'I love you' in
their songs, but
you hardly see
that nowadays.
It's almost kind
of corny to say
the phrase, 'I love you'. It takes a little more skill
to write a song which describes or defines someone's
love than it is to actually use that phrase."
"Grandpa, is that the same thing when a parent gets
older? When they have a little baby and they grow
into a little kid, the dad always says, 'I love you'. But
when the kid becomes an older teenager or young
adult, the dad doesn't say it as much. What's up with
that? Why do dads not say 'I love you' to their kids
so much when they're older?"
"I guess I really am old and retarded."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBc0Df_RQ5c

No comments: