Wednesday, April 2, 2008

"Um...That's Not a Thousand...But It's Close

"Grandpa!
Is it true
when they
say that a
picture is
worth a
thousand
words?"
"Yup yup.
Like...this
picture right
here."
"So...what is
the thousand
words gonna be about?"
"It's gonna be about how you look like trouble.
It's gonna be about how I like the way you dress,
like your cool pants and the way your hair is always
hamajams. It's about how I wonder what kind of
craziness is going on in your head right about now.
Are you thinking about what kind of mischief you gonna
get into? Or are you thinking about the chocolate chip
cookie that you're looking for? It's about me wondering
how fun it will be to watch you grow up and how we're gonna
party now and do stuff...but when you get older and we had
a couple of bottles of wine, we're really gonna tear stuff up.
Right now you have a limited vocabulary but when you're a
big girl, you're gonna be like the rest of your family and make
up words and imitate people and play music and joke and
laugh all day. I'm thinking about how somebody's gonna
break your heart one day...it might be somebody really close...
but I'll make you happy...I promise."

No comments: