Sunday, April 6, 2008

All The Books Behind You Want a Crooked Mouth Too

"Hey you old Filipino!
What is symmetry?"
"Well my little dimsum,
symmetry is like when
something something is
equal on the left side
and the right side too."
"Oh da junk...cuz I don't
think my face is really
symmetrical...
I think my right side of
my mouth is a little
longer and a little lower
than the left side of my
mouth. That's junk yah?"
"Junk? No way...that
actually makes you
prettier....you see...any
body can have symmetry.
You can even buy symmetry. But I think your face is perfect.
In music, you can have a consonant or 'in tune' note or notes -
like a chord. But sometimes that can get boring. A dissonant
note could seem out of place to most people. In music, it can
often be unpleasant. But to me, a dissonant note makes the
song unique...that part of the song stands out. Symmetry can
be over-rated. Your mouth is beautiful to me and one day when
you're much much older, your mouth is gonna break a lot of
hearts."

4 comments:

Heenway Mai Guilao said...

it should be mentioned that ate hazel took this picture.

Papa Joe said...

Symmetry...consonant...dissonant? Wow. Careful you don't hurt yourself.

Three Pretty Girls said...

lately i find myself clicking on this picture and staring at it...
it hypnotizes me or something.
i'm trying to figure out why...
and i think it's all the bangs.
and my baby's eyes.
and the faces on the aunties.
and her mouth...
yah, i know....i'm old and stupid

sandra said...

yeah, her eyes are so big that she looks like a margaret keane painting.

and we... well, we just look like a bunch of genuine creeps.