Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Listening to the Whisper

  
"Grandpa, I love my sister Naialii so much."
"Yeah, well why do you love her? Can she play games?"
"Um, no...she don't play games yet."
"Okay...um...does she know how to talk to you and stuff?"
"No, she just makes sounds but she don't really talk."
"Okay...um...does she know how to walk and do stuff?"
"No, she can't walk yet...she just kinda lays there."
"Well, she doesn't sound like much fun."
"Actually Grandpa, she's a lot of fun....she's always smiling
and she's always laughing and she's always following me 
around with her eyes...if I go somewhere, she contorts her
body to watch what I'm doing and is always laughing at 
stuff that I do. I'm pretty sure she knows that I'm her sister
and I think she can tell that I love her. And she can't really talk, 
but if you listen really close, you can hear her whisper...
she's saying 'Mmmmmmm  Mmmmmm' but I can tell that
she's really saying in her own way, 'Sister, I love you'."
"Yeah? Let me listen............Nah, she's just making noise"

No comments: