Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Best Rule EVER

"Grandpa, what's better ... being awake? falling asleep? or sleeping?"
"Well it depends... when I'm driving, I think it's better to be awake.
But if I'm tired, or if I just ate like a pig, or if I just ran a marathon...
then it's better to sleep. But one cool thing about falling asleep is
that it's usually dark, lights out, and you can hear your heart beat.
You can play with your eyes a little bit by closing them but not all
the way, just leave a little crack so that the moonlight or a little night
light can give you a little light show, like little lasers or lava lamp
floating lights that move diagonally and fades out. It's really cool."

"Grandpa, how long do you hold us after we fall asleep?"
"I can hold you a long time, but your sister's a little heavy... I gotta
put her down right away. She feels like a 50 pound rice bag."

"Grandpa, did your Grandpa hold you till you fell asleep?"
"No I don't think so... cuz my Dad's dad died a long time before
I was born and my mom's dad was in the Philippines when I was
small. But if they were around, I think they would have held me.
That's cuz Grandpas love their babies. That's the rule."
"Grandpa, that's the best rule ever."
"Yup, the best."

No comments: