Sunday, May 16, 2010

Lumpia

"Grandpa, when you see Nai'ali'i all bundled up, what
do you think about?"
"I think about food. Maybe a nice breakfast burrito.
Or if it's afternoon, maybe a nice afternoon burrito.
I kind of like the California burrito with avocado and
sour cream. Actually, I don't think Mexicans really use
sour cream in their burritos but whatever. I also think
about lumpia. The best is the one that Aunty Enoy
makes. There's this one friend of ours that taught us
to make the lumpia kind of flat so that it's more oblong
than round. It fries faster. Why didn't I think of that?
Most people dip their lumpia in sweet and sour sauce.
But the native way is vinegar with garlic and black pepper.
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm"
"Grandpa, are you looking at my baby sister and thinking
about food, for real?"
"I'm thinking it, I'm blogging it, I'm becoming one with it."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So adorable little girls. Just wanna kiss em