Monday, February 15, 2010

Fake Smiles for the Camera ... La Di Dah

"Grandpa, how come some people always smile nice for the
camera? Whenever the photographer says, 'Smile', I get
nervous cuz I know my smile is gonna look fake."
"Yeah, I got the same problem. When you smile for a picture
it's never as good as when you're smiling cuz you're thinking
of something that's smile-worthy. That's why if I know I have
to smile for a picture, I think of something funny. But if you
only got a second or two, you can't always think of something
funny. So sometimes, in my head, I say to myself, 'Doo Doo'."
"Grandpa, does that always work?"
"Nah, not really. But at least I get to say, 'Doo Doo' in my head.
Another trick I try is to actually visualize something stupid.
Like a stupid TV show or a stupid commercial. But once again,
it takes time for that commercial to develop in my brain, and
by that time the photographer already snapped his camera.
And so once again, I got a stupid fake smile on a picture."
"Grandpa, do you actually stress over your fake smiles?"
"No, not really... I've just accepted the fact that 99% of my
pictures will have a fake smile and I'm not gonna look like
one of those guys that know how to smile right. La di dah."

No comments: